You prepare for hours for an interview. You consider every question that could possibly be asked (or so you think) and then map out the perfect answer. Well, what happens when an employer throws out a totally oddball question from left field? Do you freeze? Or do you step up to the plate and knock it out of the park? We are sharing with you ten of the strangest interview questions for interns from Glassdoor’s latest report. How would you respond?
- “What was your first AOL screen name?” – Asked at Red Frog Events
- “How do you rob a bank?” – Asked at Oliver Wyman
- “How many ping pong balls fit into Gampel Pavilion?” – Asked at Aetna
- “How much do women in America spend on haircuts each year?” – Asked at FindTheBest.com
- “If you could have lunch with anybody, living or deceased, who would it be?” – Asked at IMG
- “How much would you bet for your answers to be correct?” – Asked at Jane Street Capital
- “Describe what happened to cause the financial crisis, in a couple of minutes, as if you were telling it, to say, your grandmother.” – Asked at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
- “Given 999 distinct numbers between 1 and 1000, find one/two that is/are missing.” – Asked at Salesforce.com
- “Would you say you learn a lot about a little, or a little about a lot?” – Asked at Stryker Communications
- “How many people in this city do you know? – Asked at Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance
Have you been asked any oddball questions in your recent interview? Share below! We would love to hear!