Archive for December, 2008
We’ve added Facebook Connect to internSHARE to make logging in and registering easier than ever. If you already have an account, please login to internSHARE and go to the Settings page to link your account with Facebook, if not, login with your Facebook account with the click of a button and, as always, enjoy!
We’ve added an invite tool to the Share box on the left hand side of every page. You can invite friends from your email contact list or from almost any social network. Just enter your email address and password for a particular service and choose your friends from that service that you want to invite. We’ll send an email to each person you select and ask them to visit internSHARE. No login information is stored during this process, it’s simply used to extract your contact list. The contact list and login information are destroyed when you leave the page.
We’ve integrated Yahoo! Answers into the Places pages so you can find relevent questions that other people are asking about a specific city. This will help get a better idea of what the city is like. We hope you enjoy!
We’ve been working hard the past few days. First we revamped searching, now we added really cool Wikipedia integration into the company pages. This was a lot of work and we did it incredibly fast, let us know if there’s any room for improvement and keep sending us ideas… we do implement them and we implement them fast.
We’re pleased to announce many improvements to searching companies. We’ve improved the look of the search results making them cleaner and easier to read. We’ve also added a new company summary than can be viewed by clicking the + sign to the left of the company name. Another new feature is that you can now increase the number of results per page. Finally, the Google Maps integration has really been taken up a notch. You can zoom and pan the map as usual but to search an area you now have to draw a shape around the cities you want to search. Try it out, it’s a lot of fun!
We also slightly improved the company pages by grouping reviews by city.
If you have any comments on these new features or suggestions on how to improve them, let us know.
You’ll notice a lot of changes to the site since yesterday:
- no more events page and no more discussion board
- the sidebar now has new reviews and companies…something to look at if you’re bored
- we have pages to entice schools and employers to be a part of internSHARE
- you can now set an avatar by going to your Settings, this avatar will show up with your posts (like mine does)
- you can change your email address to a non-school email address
- we are now accepted ANY email address for registration, but prefer school email addresses
- you can now opt out of email updates on your Settings page (you’ll be cut off completely, including announcement of contest winners)
Future improvements include:
- improving our static pages, making them more “fun”
- making it easier to write reviews, even easier than it already is
PLEASE SEND IN COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS FOR CONTESTS!
Finally, stay tuned, we’ll be having more contests soon, with great prizes!